Diarrhoea outbreak in Purulia
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Around a hundred residents of Purulia, including 10 students, are suffering from diarrhoea, officials said on Monday. The outbreak has been reported from three wards of Purulia Municipality and the patients were admitted to the district hospital.
Five injured in leopard attack
Jalpaiguri: Five persons were on Monday seriously injured when a leopard attacked them in defence in a tea garden of Jalpaiguri district. Officials said the leopard ventured into a labourer's colony in the Tandu tea garden of Nagrakata block.
6 girls rescued from red light area
Siliguri: Six minor girls were rescued from the red light area here by Siliguri police on Monday. Of the six, one hailed from Assam and the rest from Sikkim, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet