Diego Maradona to land in soccer-crazy Kerala on October 23
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Soccer fans will get to see Argentine football legend Diego Maradona on October 23 when he arrives in the state on a two-day visit for the inauguration of a private jewellery group of which he is the brand ambassador.
Maradona is coming for the inauguration of a new showroom of Boby Chemmanur International Jewellers and Airlines at Kannur on October 24.
Shaji J S, advertising manager of the Group, said that Maradona would land at Nedumbassery airport in Kochi on Oct 23 and leave for Kannur by helicopter the same day.
He said the 'soccer God' would also spare an hour at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium at Kannur dribbling the ball.
The organisers have sought the help of 3,000 police personnel for security arrangements. "Private security is also being arranged," he said.
Football-crazy Malabar region of Kannur, Kozhikode and Malappuram is eagerly waiting for the lifetime opportunity to catch a glimpse of the legend who enthralled fans all over the world in his 17-year career between 1977 and 1994.
Maradona, selected as FIFA player of the 20th century along with Pele in 2000, had come to India once before, for a function in Kolkata in 2008.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held