Diesel adulterating unit found, one arrested
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A diesel adulterating unit was unearthed and one person arrested by the police at Hinjili, Ganjam district, police said today.
Following a raid on the unit, Gouri Chandra Sahu, allegedly involved in adulteration of the petroleum product, was arrested yesterday under the Essential Commodities Act (ECA).
Police also seized around 1000 litres of kerosene, 200 liters of adulterated diesel and two different types of powder from the unit.
A motor pump, weight machine, some empty drums and containers were also seized, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet