Diesel adulterating unit found, one arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A diesel adulterating unit was unearthed and one person arrested by the police at Hinjili, Ganjam district, police said today.
Following a raid on the unit, Gouri Chandra Sahu, allegedly involved in adulteration of the petroleum product, was arrested yesterday under the Essential Commodities Act (ECA).
Police also seized around 1000 litres of kerosene, 200 liters of adulterated diesel and two different types of powder from the unit.
A motor pump, weight machine, some empty drums and containers were also seized, police said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM