Now, Raj Thackeray targets singer Asha Bhosle, 'bans' Colors TV show
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Raj Thackeray-led MNS has issued a 'ban' diktat to Colors TV channel not to broadcast a show on September 8 where noted singer Asha Bhosle will sing with Pakistani vocalists and threatened to disrupt the shoots of the channel if it airs the programme.
The film wing of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena has also requested Bhosle not to join the Pakistani singers at the show.
"We will not allow any shoot of Colors if they go ahead and ban products of the programme sponsors," Amey Khopkar, who heads the The Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS) said.
Khopkar said he has written a letter to Bhosle asking her not to take part in the programme.
"We have also asked Colors not to invite Pakistani singers and warned the channel of consequences if it airs the programme with these guest artistes," he said.
"When Pakistan is inflicting injuries on us why should we entertain Pakistani artistes," he said, referring to a 'ban' on Salman Khan starrer 'Ek Tha Tiger' in Pakistan.
He also asked people not to watch such shows.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet