Differently-abled youth tied to car by friend, dragged nearly a kilometre
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
A differently-abled youth was allegedly tied to a car by his friend and dragged nearly one kilometre over some differences with him at Tilwara on Saturday, police said.
Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23) suffered serious injuries in the incident as he was tied to a car by his friend Devendra alias Dippu (40) and his two associates and was dragged, police said.
According to them, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra last night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Today, Devendra came to Ajay's house around 6 am with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car, police said.
Police were informed about the incident and Ajay was later taken to the Government Medical Hospital for treatment. He is said to be in critical condition as most of his skin was peeled off badly.
According to police, one of Ajay's legs had to be amputated a year ago due to a bullet injury.
A case of attempt to murder has been registered against the accused in this regard and efforts were on to nab them, police said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations