Digvijaya has 27 queries for Kejriwal, from funds to rules
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A day after shooting off a letter to India Against Corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal calling him a "self-serving ambitious megalomaniac", Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Saturday sent him a set of 27 questions about the foreign funding received by his NGOs and its use.
He asked about NGO Kabir, and whether it had received $172,000 in 2005 and $197,000 in 2008 from Ford Foundation. Talking about Kejriwal's "close association" with Kabir, Singh asked whether this money was used to organise meetings, campaign and publicity material on corruption. "Why are there no details of individual and corporate donors on any website of your NGOs?" Singh asked Kejriwal.
Singh also asked about his relationship with US-based NGO Avaaz, "which has been funding civil disobedience movements in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria". He asked Kejriwal of the charge made against him of having misappropriated funds to the tune of Rs 20 crore, and demanded to know if he had diverted funds received for the IAC to his NGO Parivartan/Public Cause Research Foundation.
Raising the fact that he was a former civil servant, Singh asked whether Kejriwal had taken permission to receive these foreign and private funds for his NGO when he was still in service.
"Is it a fact that in your entire service of 20 years in Indian Revenue Service, you never served outside Delhi, even though the norms of the service are that all IRS officers serve a posting only for 3 years in a place? Is it a fact that even your wife, who also is an Indian Revenue Service officer, has never served outside Delhi? Is it a fact that any serving officer who goes on a study leave for two years with full pay has to submit a full report of his study to GOI? Is it a fact that you didn't submit a full report, but only an interim report to GOI?" asked Singh, going on to question Kejriwal on his "unsanctioned leave" from service.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations