DIOR BOOK CLUB
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Recently, I was sent some fascinating titles (coffee table and others) from Dior. For the last four days, I have only looked at the pictures in these books and read anecdotes and stories that have left me buzzing with ideas. My favourite among this clutch (see first image) is Stars in Dior--a compelling narrative through pictures and text Jerome Hanover. There is an introduction by Florence Muller who has also curated an exhibition by the same name and a foreword by Serge Toubiana. The book unravels Christian Dior's relationship through clothes and behind the scenes of fashion shows with stars who wore him proudly using his couture as a mirror to get a glimpse of themselves. With images of some of the most memorable Hollywood stars--Ingrid Bergman, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Sophia Loren and many others--some also seen in posters from their films, this book woke me to aesthetic joys of design and detail that only fashion can promise.
Then there is Dior Couture with images by legendary photographer Patrick Demarchelier, another stunning tome, a strong fashion lesson for stylists and writers. Other smaller framed tiltes on Dior Joallerie, Perfumes and memorable milestones fire curiosity as one answer leads to another question.
If you are a fashion addict, get these books.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'