Donít give mobiles to girls: BSP MP
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Bahujan Samaj Party MP Rajpal Singh Saini has sparked a controversy by saying girls should not be given mobile phones.
"Don't give mobile phones to children, especially girls. I say this at all the places where I make my speeches. And if any of them have a mobile, take them away. What are they missing anyway? What are girls missing without mobiles," the Rajya Sabha MP said in an address to BSP workers in Muzaffarnagar on Sunday night. "Our mothers, sisters, did they die when there were no mobiles in their time."
Saini also reportedly told a man who sought his help in finding his daughter that the mobile phone was the main cause for her elopement.
Saini's comments come months after a panchayat in Baghpat banned love marriages and barred women below 40 from going shopping and using mobile phones outside their homes.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow