'Disastrous' consequences of wrong decision on Afzal: JKLF
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Amid calls for execution of 2001 Parliament attack death row convict Afzal Guru after the hanging of Ajmal Kasab yesterday, separatist JKLF today warned of "disastrous consequences" if the Centre takes any "wrong decision" about him.
"If the Indian state repeats its mistake (of hanging JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat) and takes any wrong decision about Mohammad Afzal Guru, it will have disastrous consequences for the whole region," JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said in a statement here.
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front leader said after the hanging of Kasab, BJP and some Congress leaders have raised their rhetoric demanding hanging of Guru which has set a wave of concern among the Kashmiris.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held