Dismembered body of woman found in sacks on Pankha Rd
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The dismembered body of an unidentified woman was found in two drains by the Pankha Road, Southwest Delhi, on Friday morning. Police said the head is yet to be found. A case of murder and destruction of evidence was lodged.
"On Friday morning, a passerby noticed the body parts in a sack, floating in the drain near the Kali Mata temple and informed us. Police teams searched the area and found another sack in a drain near the DESU colony bus stop. We have ascertained that the parts are of the same person, a woman, though she is yet to be identified," a senior officer said.
A list of women in their twenties or thirties, who have been reported missing, is being compiled. The body will be kept for 36 hours for identification. "Once it is identified, a post-mortem examination will be done. Further investigations are underway," an officer said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held