Dividend hope lifts Cairn India shares
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
After rising as much as 1.5 percent, shares in Cairn India gain 0.1 per cent on hopes the oil explorer will soon announce a dividend payout, and were last
* Analysts say the government's recent approval of a corporate reorganisation at Cairn India is raising hopes for a dividend.
* The company's board of directors is set to meet on October 31 to consider the payment of an interim dividend..
* Morgan Stanley says Cairn India has net cash of $2.4 billion, or 65 rupees per share, equalling about 20 per cent of its current market capitalisation and nearly equal to its capex guidance over the next two years, leaving room for the possibility of a higher payout.
* Cairn India said on Monday July-September profits tripled to 23.22 billion rupees, just about in line with expectations.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'