DLF shares down 2% as it exits Sensex
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Shares of DLF today lost over 2 per cent on the bourses following its removal from the BSE 30-scrip index Sensex.
At the BSE, the stock declined 1.58 per cent to settle at Rs 193.30. On the NSE, DLF shares ended 2.34 per cent lower at Rs 191.80.
Dr Reddy's Lab replaced the real estate major from the Sensex pack with effect from today. Post DLF replacement, no real estate stock will figure in Sensex.
Shares of Dr Reddy's also slipped 1.21 per cent to close at Rs 1,602 on the BSE.
Marketmen said weakness in DLF scrip was largely a knee-jerk reaction to Sensex exclusion. Besides, weakness in the stock market played spoilsport.
The market value of DLF was Rs 32,829 crore, while Dr Reddy's had a m-cap of Rs 27,152 crore at the end of trade today.
Meanwhile, the BSE Sensex was down 50.86 points to close at 16,668.01.
The BSE benchmark index is the most followed barometer for Indian stocks and the bourse reviews its 30 constituents on a regularly based on various parameters including stock performance over a period of time.
Stocks More on DLF
Company INFO More on DLF
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held