Chandni Chowk redevelopment: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation takes up first non-Metro job
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
While water lines of the DJB are already underground, the Power department including the discoms, MTNL and IGL have been directed to shift their lines underground in consultation with the PWD and DMRC.
"The DMRC has been asked to provide its expertise in making the lines underground without disturbing traffic in the localities," Dikshit said. She said the redevelopment plan was a priority for the government and that a co-ordination group had been constituted to overcome any obstacles.
n To create unique and culturally significant public urban space
n A pedestrian-friendly environment with user-friendly public transport
n Showcase Chandni Chowk as an overlay of historical periods, including the contemporary activity
n Reinstating the physical, visual and historical links
n Car movement to be allowed only between 9 am and 9 pm
n Increase parking capacity at Parade Ground and NS Marg Metro station
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'