Don't gatecrash private functions to which you are not invited, SP tells its workers
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The Samajwadi Party has told its workers not to go to private functions, including weddings, unless invited. The directive follows a trend of SP workers gatecrashing these events to meet party boss Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav or other ministers who might have been invited.
Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav has issued a circular to district presidents and presidents of SP front bodies saying the workers' behaviour creates hardship for the host and upsets arrangments.
Rajendra Choudhary, SP state spokesman, said "spoiling anyone's function can't be allowed. We have issued instructions; (they) will be implemented. It is not proper to attend any function without invitation."
A source in the party said that on November 28, Akhilesh, Mulayam and Kannauj MP Dimple Yadav had to be escorted to a hall with restricted entry after hundreds of SP workers crashed the wedding of the daugher of Shiv Kumar Rathoure, chairman of the Small-Scale Industries Corporation, in Agra.
Earlier, on November 15, when SP Maharashtra unit president Abu Asim Azmi visited Aligarh for the wedding of a relative, the entire local SP unit turned up to welcome Azmi, sources said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow