Donít give mobiles to girls, says BSP MP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Bahujan Samaj Party MP Rajpal Singh Saini has sparked a controversy by saying girls should not be given mobile phones.
"Don't give mobile phones to children, especially girls. I say this at all the places where I make my speeches. And if any of them have a mobile, take them away. What are they missing anyway? What are girls missing without mobiles," the Rajya Sabha MP said in an address to BSP workers in Muzaffarnagar on Sunday night. "Our mothers, sisters, did they die when there were no mobiles in their time."
Saini also reportedly told a man who sought his help in finding his daughter that the mobile phone was the main cause for her elopement.
Saini's comments come months after a panchayat in Baghpat banned love marriages and barred women below 40 from going shopping and using mobile phones outside their homes.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held