Don't go for dieting; one can fall prey to dengue: Mamata
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee asked the youth to avoid dieting as that could bring down resistance levels and result in their falling prey to ailments like dengue.
Her advice to the youth when she spoke about dengue outbreak in the state at a press conference. Dengue cases have crossed over 600 in the state.
"My young friends, I appeal to all of you, not to go on diet as this can bring down your immunity system and you can be prone to diseases like dengue," she said while asking them to take plenty of food and water.
The chief minister also blamed a section of doctors for diagnosing heart attack as dengue without proper verification and issuing death certificates.
"Writing of heart attack as dengue, is not done. Dengue must be confirmed before issuing death certificates," Banerjee who is also the health minister, said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held