DOSST holds meeting, to fight against sex-selected abortions
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Gynaecologists and radiologists on Thursday got together at IMA House for a meeting of DOSST (Doctors Opposing Sex Selected Termination of Pregnancy) cell.
The cell has been formed in Ludhiana by the Ludhiana Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society under the guidance of FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India).
The members of the cell include obstetricians, radiologists and sonologists who stated that they were committed against pre-natal sex determination and sex-selected abortions and would be working against the issue of sex selection abortion in liaison with the authorities and public.
Dr Vaneet Kaur is the president of this cell while Dr A S Rattan and Dr Neelam Sodhi are honorary secretary and secretary respectively.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'