DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards on December 29
Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will honor five veterans with DPU Lifetime Achievement Awards for their outstanding contribution in their respective fields on December 29. The chief guest will be Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
The awardees are Neela Satyanarayan, election commissioner, Maharashtra, Prabhakar Vaidya, secretary, Hanuman Vyayam Prasarak Mandal, Amaravati, Sandeep Waslekar, president, Strategic Foresight Group, Washington, Sanjay Puri,
president, Alliance for US India Business and Father Francis D' Britto. The awards were announced by Dr P D Patil, president of Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society on Tuesday.
"A lot of individuals keep working meticulously in their chosen field, thereby contributing a great extent to the society. The main objective of these awards is to honour their efforts and bring forward their inspiring work in front of people," said Dr Patil.
The award ceremony will be organised on December 29 at Balgandharva Ranga Mandir. Along with Sushil Kumar Shinde, Dr D Y Patil, Governor, Tripura, Narayan Rane, Minister of Industries, Maharashtra, Dr Vijay Bhatkar and Somnath Patil, secretary, Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth Society will also be present. The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh and a special memento.
A book on Yashwantrao Chavan by Ramanlal Shah Krushnakathcha Amrutkum-bha will also be unveiled on the occasion.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow