Drama of a Decade
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The audiences will also be treated to Kerala-based director Chandradasan's acclaimed production Draupadi. The play, as its title suggests, revolves around the main female protagonist of the Mahabharata, the powerful and often-misunderstood Draupadi. In the production, the playwright tries to analyse the nature of modern women through this epic character. Draupadi, a woman married to five men, who is often considered to be one of the reasons for the great war between the Pandavas and Kauravas. The play is presented in an unusual style ó with props such as paintings, masks and puppeteers taking the story forward.
The festival opens with Dhaliwal's Manch Rangmanch's new production, Kis Thag Ne Luteya Shehar, an experimental production that attempts to tackle the changing face of cities, where concrete is fast replacing human elements, and the youth are moving away to the greener pastures for power and money.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow