DRI constable among 5 held for molestation
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Five persons, including a Defence ministry staff and a Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) constable, have been arrested for allegedly molesting a woman in Bawana on Sunday night.
Police said the men trespassed into a field where the woman was working with her father-in-law. In her complaint, the woman alleged that the five teased her and tried to abduct her in a car. But her father-in-law raised the alarm. Residents of the area reached the spot hearing the cries for help and nabbed the five persons, the woman said.
The five men — all residents of Sonepat — have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31). Gopal is a Group-D employee in the Defence ministry and Basant is a head constable with DRI.
In another incident, a minor girl was molested in Kalyanpuri, East Delhi, allegedly by four youths when she refused to accept their friendship proposal.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held