DSP murder: CBI team in Pratapgarh, begins probe
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A CBI team arrived from Delhi on Friday and began investigation into the triple murder in Pratapgrah district by conducting an inspection of the spots where Kunda circle officer Ziaul Haque, village pradhan Nanhey Lal Yadav and his brother Suresh were shot dead in Balipur village on March 2.
The 10-member CBI team, led by Deputy Inspector General Anurag Garg, included four officials from the Central Forensic Science Lab (CFSL) who collected samples from the spot. The team began questioning of suspended station officer of Hathigawan police station Manoj Shukla, suspended SHO and senior sub-inspector of Kunda police station Sarvesh Mishra and Vinay Kumar, respectively, and eight other policemen, including Haque's gunner Mohammad Imran.
The questioning began in the evening at the PWD guest house in Pratapgarh, where the CBI team is camping, sources said.
Soon after arrival in the morning, the CBI team summoned Manoj Shukla, who is complainant in one of the four cases the agency has taken over. Shukla was the first one to reach the murder spot of Nanhey Lal at 7.30 pm on March 2. Shukla accompanied the CBI team and guided them first to the murder spot of the pradhan, who was shot about one-and-half kilometre away from his house in Balipur village. Later, the team visited the murder spot of the CO and the pradhan's brother Suresh who were found dead on a bylane behind the pradhan's house.
The distance between the bodies of CO and Suresh was less than 10 metres. The CO's body was lying near a well which is close to the pradhan's house, while Suresh's body was further away, a CBI official said.
Slain DSP's wife, brother get job
LUCKNOW: The state government on Friday appointed slain Kunda circle officer Ziaul Haque's wife Parveen Azad as officer on special duty (weflare) in UP Police, while his brother Sohrab was appointed constable. Secretary (Home) Kamal Saksena said the post of OSP (welfare) which had been specially created, was equivalent to deputy SP and carried the same pay-scale of Rs 15,600-39,100. He said that Parveen will be posted in Gorakhpur. The nature of her job will be decided later. Sohrab has been appointed as a constable in police welfare.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held