DU to conduct academic congress on Sept 6, 7
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
With the objective of bringing learning outside classrooms, Delhi University will hold a two-day academic congress on September 6 and 7.
Titled "Enabling the young: redefining education", the audience for the congress will comprise scientists, civil servants, lawyers, apart from students and teachers, said the DU Vice-Chancellor Professor Dinesh Singh.
"To give us an insight into the world of sports, we are planning to invite Saina Nehwal's coach, Pullela Gopichand, to the congress," he said.
The last date for submission of papers is August 31 and applicants will be notified of the acceptance of their papers by September 3. Registrations for the congress will start on September 5. The participants will explore a wide range of themes like peer learning, discovering rural India, integrating mind, body and heart, transcending disciplines, and redefining the classroom, among others.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow