DUSU election: Most nominations cleared in provisional list
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
As filing of nominations for Delhi University Students' Union elections ended on Tuesday, the university also released a provisional list of candidates for the four union posts.
Chief Election Commissioner C S Dubey said, "Nominations of two or three students were rejected because they did not meet the eligibility conditions as stipulated by the Lyngdoh Committee. Almost all students have made it to the provisional list on the basis of preliminary scrutiny. Withdrawals will take place as students have given their names for many posts."
While, according to the election rules, a student can contest for only one post, many students had given their names for two or more posts. After withdrawals, the final list of candidates will only be published on September 6.
According to ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal, all candidates of the party had made it to the provisional list. Three posts of the students' union were held by ABVP members last year, while NSUI's Ajay Chhikara was the DUSU president.
Students Federation of India and All India Students' Association have selected one member for each of the four posts.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet