East corpn draws up its assets list
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Taking a lead among the civic agencies, East Municipal Corporation has compiled a list of the assets it holds. The corporation made a list of 6,000 properties, along with their building plan and area. The corporation has also decided to rope in a consultant to make a plan on optimum utilisation of these properties.
North and South municipalities are yet to compile their list of properties that they could use to generate revenue.
"We have compiled the list and, after the consultant's report, we will go ahead with our schemes of making senior citizen centre, community centre, gymnasium, dispensary and nursing homes. We will make commercial centres and bring other project depending on consultant report on viability of projects on these properties," Commissioner of East corporation S S Yadav said.
The commissioner said one of the most important projects is building houses for employees. "As the housing facilities have gone to North, we need to have our own for the employees. We will soon finalise the property for the housing scheme for our employees," Yadav said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held