Not just hand-in-hand
While releasing a report on greening rural development, Planning Commission deputy chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia said that sustainability and GDP can go hand-in-hand, to which rural development minister Jairam Ramesh said: "Thanks for giving tomorrow's headlines that sustainability will not impact GDP growth. Coming from you, this means a lot."
Not in Hindi
At the same event, a reporter asked environment minister Jayanthi Natarajan, in Hindi, if the process of getting green nods was affecting coal and steel production. When she didn't answer, he said: "Aap toh Congress ki pravakta thi. Aap accha bolti hain (You were the Congress spokesperson, you speak well)." To this, Natarajan replied: "Main Hindi mein pravakta nahi thi (I was not a Hindi spokesperson)."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow