Eicher ties up with Polaris for new vehicle
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Eicher Motors on Tuesday said that it has signed a strategic joint venture (JV) agreement with the US-based Polaris Industries, a recognised leader in the powersports industry, to set up a greenfield project in the automotive sector.
The definitive agreement was signed between Siddhartha Lal, MD and CEO, Eicher Motors, and Scott W Wine, CEO, Polaris Industries. This agreement envisages the creation of a JV company with a 50:50 partnership between the two companies.
The JV company will design, develop, manufacture and sell a full new range of personal vehicles suitable for India and other emerging markets.
The manufacturing facility will be located in India and the JV partners are evaluating locations to set up the facility. The expected start of production is 2015.
The JV will not manufacture any of the existing products of both the companies, but will work out on new products going forward, said an official.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'