Elated, Amit Shah shows up at big BJP meet, says a hurdle cleared
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Upbeat after the Supreme Court judgment lifting its ban on his entry into Gujarat, former minister of state for home Amit Shah on Thursday said he had maintained since the beginning the case against him was politically motivated.
Shah was talking to reporters at the venue of the BJP National Executive meeting here. "We have cleared one more hurdle today and in the coming days it will be proved that this case was politically motivated and I am totally innocent," he said.
The BJP too welcomed the Supreme Court's decisions to reject CBI's plea to cancel the bail granted to Shah.
"We welcome the Supreme Court order. We firmly believe that Amit Shah is innocent," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters on the sidelines of meeting, adding Shah could now visit Gujarat and campaign in the upcoming state Assembly elections.
In his speech, BJP president Nitin Gadkari too mentioned the SC ruling.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'