Elderly woman raped and robbed in Mumbai
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 61-year-old woman was allegedly raped and robbed by an unidentified person who entered her house posing as a courier boy, police said today.
The woman, a resident of suburban Powai, approached the police on Friday evening claiming that a man posing as a courier boy had entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
According to her complaint, the unidentified accused entered her house on December 7 on the pretext of delivering a courier and finding her alone raped her and then fled away with some of her belongings.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case of rape and robbery. Police are trying to make a sketch of the accused based on the description given by the victim.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police Cherring Dorje said a probe was on.
Meanwhile, a 41-year-old person has been detained by Powai police in connection with the incident.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held