Elgi equipments to buy 100% stake in US-based Pattons Inc
Air compressor manufacturer Elgi Equipments will buy 100 per cent stake in North Carolina-based Pattin's Inc for an undisclosed sum.
"The Board of Directors of the company at its meeting held on November 28, 2012 has given approval for acquisition of 100 per cent share capital of Patton's Inc.," the company today said in a BSE filing.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Pattons Inc.
is engaged in the distribution and service of industrial and medical compressors with presence in South-Eastern part of the United States. Patton Inc. is more than 60 years old and had achieved over $30 million sales for the first time in 2007-08. But, the latest figures are not known.
"The acquisition is being made through its newly incorporated subsidiary, Elgi Compressors USA Inc," Elgi said.
Last fiscal, Elgi had clocked over Rs 900 crore revenue.
Elgi Equipments' shares were trading at Rs 87.
90 apiece, up 1.03 per cent during the afternoon trade on BSE.
Stocks More on Elgi Air
Company INFO More on Elgi Air
Mutual Funds Check for top funds
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow