Elizabeth Taylor highest-earning dead celebrity 2012
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor has earned $210 million in the past 12 months, beating pop megastar Michael Jackson who earned $145 million this year.
The "Cleopatra" star, who died of heart failure last March, owed her earning to the record breaking Christie's auction in which her jewellery, costumes and art work raked in a lot of moolah, a media report said.
As many as $184 million of her earning came from the auction while the rest came from her estate, perfume sale as well as royalty of her films. She earned even more than highest-earning alive celebrity, Oprah Winfrey, who raked in $45 million less.
Jackson earned $90 million more than the celebrity at number three, Elvis Presley. The King of Rock and Roll rounded up $55 million, thanks to a whole show around his music in 2010, "Viva Elvis", at MGM's Aria casino in Las Vegas. Presley earned the same amount of money last year.
"Peanuts" creator Charles Schulz sits at number four with $37 million. At number five is singer Bob Marley with $17 million. He has profited from Marley beverage company and House of Marley, the latter which sells merchandise related to him.
Beatles legend John Lennon ($12 million), screen siren Marilyn Monroe ($10 million) and scientist Albert Einstein ($10 million) also featured on the list.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’