- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Three arrested for gangrape in Bhiwani
Chandigarh:Three persons have been arrested for allegedly raping a Bhadra village resident in Bhiwani on December 27. Based on the woman's complaint, the Bhiwani police got her medically examined and registered a case of gangrape against the three accused and arrested them on Saturday. In her complaint, the victim has alleged that while she was sleeping at her residence on December 27, the three barged into her house and started teasing her. When she tried to raise an alarm, the other two accomplices forcibly shut her mouth and all three raped her. After allegedly threatening her with dire consequences if she reported it to the police, they fled. The accused, who were produced before the duty magistrate on Sunday, were remanded in police custody for further interrogation.
Doctor held for raping Fiancé in Ludhiana
Ludhiana:A day after a doctor was arrested for allegedly raping his fiancee, a local court on Sunday remanded him in two-day police custody. A 21-year-old girl had alleged that her fiancé who is a doctor raped her several times on the pretext of getting married. In her complaint filed at Sadar police station, the girl, who hails from Buddha Singh Wala Thava village of Baghapura in Moga, said, "I was engaged to this doctor on May 22 this year. I passed my BSc and he encouraged me to go for higher studies. He called me to Ludhiana for filling some forms of MSc on October 10 and then took me to a hotel near Daad village. He established physical relations without my will on the pretext of marriage in some days and raped me several times since then." The police have registered a case of rape, cheating and threatening. "We arrested the doctor on Saturday," said Sub-Inspector Harinder Singh, Sadar police station.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’