Emma Watson shocked by American men
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson says she is still trying to come to terms with American men because they are much more forward than guys back home in Britain.
The 22-year-old said she suffered a bit of a culture shock when she became a student at Brown University as she was asked out on a date within days, reported Daily Star.
"English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered, but they are also very restrained. Usually, in the whole courting situation, I'm used to being, first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual.
"And then maybe they'll acknowledge my presence. Then, they'll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe, well, you know, whatever. Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, 'I like you. You're great. Let's go on a date. Let's do it.' I'm like, 'I'm sorry, what just happened?' This is, like, a huge culture shock for me," she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'