Emraan Hashmi happy to reunite with Vidya Balan in 'Ghanchakkar'
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
After working together in blockbuster movie "The Dirty Picture", actor Emraan Hashmi is excited to team up with Vidya Balan again because he feels it is always better to work with familiar faces.
The duo will be seen in "No One Killed Jessica" famed director Raj Kumar Gupta's "Ghanchakkar". The movie is almost finished and will release in 2013.
"The film is a very unique combination as there is comedy, suspense as well as thrills. It is great to be reuniting with Vidya (Balan) after 'The Dirty Picture'. It was back to being with someone who is familiar to you," Emraan said.
After releasing four films this year - "Jannat 2", "Shanghai", "Raaz 3" and "Rush"- Emraan is on a roll as he has movies like Vishal Bharadwaj's "Ek Thi Daayan", Karan Johar's "Unglee" for next year.
Produced by Johar, "Unglee" is directed by Rensil D'Silva (of "Kurbaan" fame) and Emraan says it is fun working with a new director as he brings in new ideas and methodology of working.
"It is nice to be working on a film like 'Unglee'. Rensil is a very sorted director and what impresses me most is that he is very intelligent as well. It is always good to be working with new people as they come up with fresh ideas. Also, they bring to fore new things about your own self and acting prowess; it is a new discovery altogether," he added.
The film also stars Sanjay Dutt, Randeep Hooda, Kangana Ranaut and Neha Dhupia. Emraan's "Ek Thi Daayan" stars three leading ladies - Konkona Sen Sharma, Kalki Koechlin and Huma Qureshi - alongside him.
The actor says the script of the film is very interesting and though it has a supernatural angle it is not a horror movie.
"Yes, there are three women in 'Ek Thi Daayan' but then the film is in a different space. There is a supernatural angle to it but the film is completely different when compared to other horror films. It is a very interesting script and we are aiming for an April release," he added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'