England preparing well for series against India: Jonathan Trott
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
England middle order batsman Jonathan Trott has told media persons here that the tourists are preparing well for the upcoming series.
Speaking soon after the England squad's arrival here, where they will play the first Test against India from November 15, Trott said: "You can never be over-prepared for such a big tour as this one. We went to Dubai for a few days and trained really well there in what would be sub-continental conditions. The pitches we have played on here are pretty typical of what you would find here. So, it has been very good preparation."
Fellow batsman Ian Bell said England had come armed with a versatile bowling attack that could aid batsmen in a long-pending cricket conquest of the subcontinent.
"They haven't just been good in English conditions. They were fantastic in Dubai and Abu Dhabi last year, and In Sri Lanka. We are lucky that we can do a number of different bowling attacks. I would like to think that if the batters can get runs on the board, we have an attack that can certainly take wickets," added Bell.
The second Test will be played in Mumbai from November 23 while the third and fourth Tests would be staged in Kolkata and Nagpur respectively.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow