Eshwarappa ready to sacrifice party post for Yeddyurappa, says BJP MP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
BJP Karnataka president and Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa is ready to sacrifice his party post to former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa in the run up to the next Assembly elections, Davangere MP G M Siddesh said.
"Eshwarappa has agreed to sacrifice his party post to Yeddyurappa in the run up to the Assembly elections to be held next year," he said.
BJP would retain power if Yeddyurappa is made the state party chief and efforts are still on to retain him in the party, Siddesh claimed.
He also said a large number of party MPs from Karnataka are demanding that central leaders make Yeddyurappa state party chief.
Yeddyurappa is a mass leader and the party core committee in New Delhi will take a favourable decision in the interest of the party, he said.
He claimed that the return of former Union Minister S M Krishna will not have any impact on state politics as the Congress base is "fast waning" in Karnataka.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held