Even after CM & L-G intervention, civic agencies aren’t ‘listening’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Known as 'listening post' of the Lieutenant-Governor and the Chief Minister, the division deals with the grievances that go unattended by the heads of departments of the corporation and are then forwarded by the Chief Minister and the Lieutenant-Governor. The respective offices are supposed to deal with these complaints on a priority basis, yet the number of pending cases referred this way is piling up.
Among the three corporations, North corporation seems to have gone slowest on the referenced complaints. According to the data available with the control room, this year, under L-G's listening post and complaints forwarded by him, the pending cases of South Municipal Corporation are 83, North corporation has 1,445 pending case whereas East Municipal Corporation has 101 pending case.
Even Chief Minister needs to strive harder to get an ear of the three corporations as her listening post known as 'Aap Ki Sunwai' have several pending complaints. In CM's listening post, there are 81 pending complaints of South Municipal Corporation whereas North corporation has to dispose of 339 complaints and East corporation has 137 such complaints pending. Here, too, the majority of the complaints are pending against the Engineering department.
According to the senior officials, the matter was taken up in the meeting of Director of Local Bodies (DLB), which asked the corporations to file report on listening posts. "Commissioners were requested to accord their personal attention for quick disposal of the references received from L-G's listening post and send reports to L-G office with a copy to the DLB," the order said.
The official said commissioners have stepped up in disposal of the complaints coming through CM and L-G. "We have frequent meetings to update the commissioner on disposal of the complaints," the official said.
Most against Engineering dept
Under L-G listening post
1,445 complaints pending with North corporation
101 with East corporation
83 with South corporation
Under CM listening post
81 complaints pending with South corporation
339 with North corporation
137 with East corporation
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held