Eventful fortnight planned with maximum crowd in sight
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Conferences, seminars, yagyas, visits of some prominent political persons and also those from the glamour world - the next fortnight, from February 1 to 15, is going to be the busiest at Kumbh Mela.
Two main bathing days, Mauni Amavasya and Basant Panchami (both of which are going to be days of shahi snan), would fall on February 10 and February 15, respectively. As Mauni Amavasya is considered most auspicious, maximum people are likely to gather here around that occasion and therefore many have planned their events during this time to ensure maximum attendance, the organisers said.
For instance, Manavata Dharma and Path of Divine Life, together with Sri Sachcha Baba Ashram (Allahabad) will be holding a 'Vishwa Shanti Sammelan (Conference for World Peace)' on February 12. More than 200 gurus from various organisations have been invited to discuss the issue of bringing peace in society.
"The initial plan was to hold the sammelan on February 22. But most of the gurus we approached told us that they would return after February 15 or 16. Therefore, we re-scheduled the programme to February 12. Otherwise, we would not have got any audience," said Kartikeya of Path of Divine Life.
The Dharma Sansad (religion Parliament) and Sant Sammelan, which would be held under the aegis of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, will be held on February 7. Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati, Shankaracharya of Jyotishpeeth, will preside over the function, in which issues like constructing Ram temple in Ayodhya, ensuring uninterrupted flow of water in River Ganga and Islamic terrorism, besides others, would be discussed.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is scheduled to be present at the Kumbh Mela on February 13, 14 and 15. The Dalai Lama would also be present at Kumbh Mela for three days in the first week of February.
One Shyamanand Saraswati of Juna akhara too has announced that he would take a 'bhu-samadhi' (remaining inside a dug-up pit) for nine days, beginning February 1.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow