Eve-teasers beat up 4 girls in Arambagh
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Four schoolgirls who protested against harassment were allegedly beaten up by eve-teasers this afternoon at Madhabpur area in Arambagh.
The girls are being treated in hospital and police are on the lookout for the accused.
The schoolgirls — two of Class VI, one of Class VII and one of Class X — were returning from school. "One local youth, identified as Prosenjit Singh, used to pass comments at them regularly. He was reportedly in an inebriated state when the incident took place. The Class X girl tried to protest, after which Singh called some of his friends, dragged the four girls and allegedly molested and beat them up," said an official of Arambagh police station.
The girls came home and then returned to school with their guardians. They were asked to lodge a police complaint.
The girls had to be taken to Arambagh District Hospital, where they were undergoing treatment. A complaint was filed at Arambagh police station. The police are carrying out raids to nab the accused.
Four held in Barasat
Four persons accused of eve-teasing have been arrested in Barasat. On Wednesday night, they allegedly teased a Class XI student who was returning from her tuition classes with her mother. When the girl protested, they allegedly assaulted them both.
"The four accused — Somnath Saha, Raju Paramanna, Tarak Das and Surojit Sarkar — are all 21 years old and reside in the area They have been accused of teasing the girl several times before," said OC, Barasat police station.
The incident happened Wednesday night in the Ganjimill area. The four, led by Raju, passed lewd remarks at the girl for some time before she came over and slapped him. According to the complaint, the girl was dragged to a corner, molested and beaten up.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held