Ex-ACP Pathan held for rioting
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Deonar Police arrested retired assistant commissioner of police (ACP) Shamsher Khan Pathan and 15 others on Friday for rioting and obstructing a public servant from performing his duty.
They said Govardhan Parishad members were taking medically unfit goats to their centre in Mulund (east) at around 8.30 pm on Monday when Pathan and supporters stopped them.
Police booked driver of the vehicle under Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, but Pathan protested.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet