Exhibition of medicinal plants
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Vrukshayurveda 2013, an exhibition of medicinal plants with a lecture series, will be held from January 25-27 at Indradhanush hall near Mhatre bridge. The exhibition is being organised by Maharashtra State Horticulture and Medicinal Plants Board with Swapnanagri herbal farms. It will provide a platform for farmers to directly interact with ayurvedic pharmacies. Experts such as Dr Hema Sane and Dr R N Shukla will explain the concept of Nakshtra Vruksha.
Beat back pain
Hectic life, constant travel and lifestyle changes coupled with long hours of sitting at work have given rise to waist, back and spine problems. Dr Manish Sabnis (DNB Neurosurgery), brain and spine specialist, will give a health talk on dealing with low back pain and spinal problems at Sahyadri Speciality Hospital- Deccan Gymkhana on January 23 between 4 to 6 pm.
Award for excellence in eye care
The International Council of Ophthalmology, global umbrella organisation for all national and regional ophthalmological societies of the world, felicitated Dr Gullapalli N Rao, founder and chairman of LV Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), with its "GOH Naumann Award". Named after former president of the council and internationally renowned German ophthalmologist, this award recognises outstanding
global leadership in eye care. Dr Rao received the award at the council's annual meeting. Dr Rao's institute provides comprehensive eye care, sight enhancement and rehabilitation services.
Hernia conference in Berlin
Dr Mohan Desarda, hernia surgeon, will visit Germany to demonstrate a new operation technique at the international Berlin Hernia Day conference. More than 500 surgeons from Europe, the UK and the US will participate in the conference to learn advanced operation techniques. Desarda has been invited as faculty teacher and speaker for the conference to be held on January 25 and 26.
A healthy step
Birth defects in India and other South East Asian countries, its causes and preventive measures, will be the focus of the annual Pune Public Health Conference to be held at the School of Health Sciences, University of Pune. The conference — to be held on February 11 and 12 — will feature experts from the fields of public health, maternal and child health, genetics, ethics and nutrition among others.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'