Ex-minister who triggered Jagan arrest held
Former minister Dr Shankara Rao, whose complaint to Andhra Pradesh High Court led to the CBI inquiry and subsequent arrest of YSR Congress chief — and Kadapa MP — Y S Jaganmohan Reddy for amassing wealth illegally, was on Thursday arrested in a land-grabbing case.
Last October, the High Court had vacated a stay on his arrest after a complaint was filed against him in Malkajgiri police station that Rao used his influence to grab prime land in Greenfield Colony. Rao, who is MLA from Secunderabad (Cantt), had been evading arrest citing ill-health.
Residents of Greenfield Colony, a cooperative, had lodged a complaint that over 800 plots were grabbed by Rao, his brother Dayananda Rao and their associates on the basis of forged documents which showed them as owners.
Reddy remand extended till Feb 14
A special CBI court here Thursday extended till February 14, the judicial remand of Jagan and other accused in the alleged disproportionate assets case. PTI
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations