Ex-SSP granted bail in graft case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday granted bail to former Ferozepur SSP Gurcharan Singh Pherurai and also admitted his appeal. The court of Justice Ranjit Singh granted him the bail.
Pheruari had filed an appeal challenging the two-year jail sentence awarded to him by a Patiala court after he was found guilty of
paying a bribe of Rs 70 lakh to former chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission, Ravinderpal Singh Sidhu, to get his daughter, Kuljeet Kaur, selected as a Punjab Civil Services officer in 2002.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow