Ex-Youth Cong chief sustains bullet injury in Ludhiana
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A HEATED argument at his in-laws' residence left a former district Youth Congress president with a bullet injury in Ludhiana on Monday.
Police, however, indicated that the former Youth Congress leader Dimple Rana had probably shot himself but it is yet to be conclusively established.
With a bullet injury in his abdomen, Rana was taken to the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in Ludhiana, where doctors said his condition is stable.
Sources said Rana went to his in-laws' home at Vikas Nagar in Pakhowal road, where his wife has been living for the past few months after filing a complaint against her husband.
While police are still waiting to record the former Congress leader's statement, his father-in-law, Labh Singh, told police that after an argument, Rana went outside and shot himself in the abdomen.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (ADCP) Joginder Singh said: "Rana and his in-laws had a heated argument. While his father-in-law has told us that he shot himself, we are still waiting for his statement."
Police are awaiting doctors' nod to record the former Youth Congress leader's statement but have recovered a revolver from the spot.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations