- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The NFBM Jagriti school for blind girls has been running an IT training institute since 2004 at its premises. On January 15, the Innerwheel Club of Pune has come forward to assist this institution to set up a state-of-the-art computer training center which is equipped with 10 computers, loaded with special screen reading software for the benefit of the visually challenged. The inaugural function of this computer lab was held on January 15 at their premises.
The National Association For The Welfare Of Physically Challenged in Pune held a tilgul distribution programme for the physically-challenged members on January 14 on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. The guest of honour was their senior activist Nasima Hurjuk.
For most people enjoying New Year means a big party with music, dancing and eats. But this year, class 10 students of Rosary School Viman Nagar presented a variety program for the disabled jawans at Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre on January 5. The jawans thoroughly enjoyed the dances of India, skits, and vigorous demonstrations of karate and pyramid formations. At the end of the program the students interacted with the jawans and distributed chocolates.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations