Facebook yet to respond to CID request to remove photos lampooning CM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Officials of Facebook are yet to respond to West Bengal's Criminal Investigation Department's directive to to remove the pictures lampooning Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee from the social networking website.
One Suman Naskar, a Trinamool Congress worker, had lodged a complaint with Electronic Complex police station on April 9 claiming that certain pictures of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were morphed and uploaded on Facebook.
"Suman Naskar had given us some links of the photos along with his complaint. We forwarded his complaint to the cyber crime section of the CID," said a senior officer of Salt Lake Police Commissionerate.
The CID in an email to Facebook officials asked them to removing the "morphed" pictures of the chief minister and also sought the IP address of the computers from which the pictures were first uploaded. The pictures though do not include the one circulated by Jadavpur University professor Ambikesh Mahapatra.
DIG (CID) Vineet Goyal, however, refused to give details of the investigation. "We have written to Facebook. We are investigating into the case. But we cannot divulge the details of the investigation at present," Goyal said.
CID sources said the cyber crime department has succeeded in tracing some of the email addresses which were used to upload the pictures on Facebook. "We have traced some of the profiles from which the pictures were shared to other profiles and have also traced some of the emails using which the photographs were uploaded in the social networking website," said a senior CID official. "We are also looking into those profiles in which the morphed photos of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee are found. The complainant provided us with six to seven links of the profiles in which the photos were uploaded," added the official.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM