Factbox: Sachin Tendulkar
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Sachin Tendulkar factbox following his retirement from one-day internationals on Sunday:
Full name: Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
Date of birth: April 24, 1973 (Mumbai, India).
Height: 1.65 meters (5-foot-5).
Major teams: India, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire, Asia XI.
Nicknames: Little Master, Tendlya.
First-class debut: Mumbai vs. Gujarat, Mumbai, 1988.
Test debut: vs. Pakistan at Karachi, 1989.
ODI debut: vs. Pakistan at Gujranwala, 1989.
Maiden test century: 119 not out vs. England at Old Trafford, Manchester in 1990 (9th test appearance).
Maiden ODI century: 110 vs. Australia, Colombo, 1994 (79th ODI appearance).
First to score 100 international centuries (51 in tests, 49 in one-dayers).
Some interesting facts about Tendulkar=
* Tendulkar wanted to be a fast bowler but was rejected by Australian great Dennis Lillee at the MRF Pace Academy at Chennai in 1987.
* Was a ballboy during the 1987 World Cup on the Indian subcontinent.
* Scored 326 in a 664-run partnership with former India player Vinod Kambli during an inter-school game in 1988.
* Is the youngest Indian to play English county cricket, at 19, and was also Yorkshire's first overseas professional in 1992.
* Scored tons on debut in all three major domestic first-class competitions: Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Cup.
* His favorite sports star is not a cricketer but a tennis player, John McEnroe.
* Batted in his debut test at Karachi wearing pads presented by India's legendary opener Sunil Gavaskar.
* Used a very heavy bat throughout his career _ usually around 1.5 kilograms (3.2-3.3 pounds).
* Scored five test centuries before the age of 20.
* His best year in ODIs was 1998 _ nine centuries for 1,894 runs in that year.
* Became a Member of Parliament in 2012 when he was nominated to India's higher house of Parliament - the Rajya Sabha.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held