Fairy tale discovery: Historian finds unknown Hans Christian Andersen works
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A Danish historian says he has discovered a copy of what is believed to be a previously unknown fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen.
Esben Brage says he found the six-page text in early October while searching in the National Archives through boxes that had belonged to wealthy families from Andersen's home-town of Odense in central Denmark.
The handwritten tale entitled "Tallow Candle," and dedicated to a widow who had lived across from Andersen, had been left seemingly untouched at the bottom of one of the boxes.
Andersen expert Ejnar Stig Askgaard said today this is likely one of Andersen's earliest works, written seven years before his official debut.
Born in 1805, Andersen wrote nearly 160 fairy tales including "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Little Mermaid".
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held