Famous First Lady in decades
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
For the first time after the Mao era, China is set to welcome a high-profile First Lady as the wife of CPC's new leader Xi Jinping is a celebrated singer who is expected to bring colour and glamour to his office.
The 49-year-old Peng Liyuan is the second wife of Xi, and the couple got married when he was the deputy mayor of Xiamen City. Xi's marriage to Peng, who was already an iconic singer, made him famous. For decades, she regaled the audience over the state television with patriotic songs. Analysts say for the first time in three decades, China is going to have a famous and active First Lady as the wives of most of the leaders, other than Mao Zedong, never took up any public role.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'