Fans make beeline for PCA Stadium
A heavy rush was seen outside PCA stadium as fans queued up at the gates to gain entry to watch the cricketers in action. Police personnel could be seen regulating the overenthusiastic crowd.
Police arrested three people from outside the stadium. Two of them - Vipin and Manoj, residents of Saharanpur, were pickpockets. Tirath Raj was caught selling tickets in black. All the three were caught near gate number 4.
The spectators consisted of the young and old alike. Tara Chand, a 74-year-old, along with his wife and his son Ghanshyam Sharma, residents of Sector 67, were also very excited. They said, "We just wanted to enjoy the match and watch India winning the match and the series."
Those selling the tricolour did brisk business with people waving the Indian flag cheering the team. With their faces painted in the hues of the tricolour, people carried placards with a number of messages as they entered the stadium.
In the morning, traffic snarls were witnessed as the teams arrived at the stadium. For some time along the route from their hotel to the stadium traffic was stalled. Office goers were stuck in the traffic jam that followed.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations